What Are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
For instructions on how to disable cookies on your mobile device, please refer to the help-section of your mobile device.
The Cookies We Set
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
These preferences are very basic:
* Chosen language (if applicable). We try to determine which language your browser is set to and automatically redirect you to the corresponding website. This information is broadcasted by your browser and you can set it to your liking. If the site you entered matches your browser’s language settings, no cookie is set. If you, however, choose to override the set language by manually choosing another language version of our site, we safe this preference in a cookie.
* Chosen country (if applicable). Information on our website is country specific. We try to determine where you are visiting us from by looking up your IP with an external service and comparing it to a list of IPs per country. We save the two-letter country code (“de” for Germany, “ch” for Switzerland, or “us” for USA, etc.) in a cookie.
We also set Session-Cookies, which last for the duration of your visit to maintain the state of the application. These cookies are necessary for our website to work properly. See more on session cookies here.
Third Party Cookies
* This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
* This site uses WordPress.com Stats, a statistics module included in our Content Management System. WordPress.com Stats is, like Google Analytics, a very widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
* Also, third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
If there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.